Fun Asian twist on this great BBQ side, using a easy ready made glaze to pimp it up.
- 500 – 750g Small/New Potatoes
- 1Tbsp Olive oil
- 50g salted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g salted butter
- 1 Tbsp honey.
- 1 pouch Yo! Yakitori “coat and cook” sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions finely sliced
- Sea Crack Black Hawaiian flakes
1. Set the BBQ indirect for 210c
2. While the BBQ is heating up, wash your potatoes and slice them into Hasselbacks (placing between two spoons) – I like to slice a bit off the bottom to keep them flat.
3. Place them in a tray and drizzle them with olive oil and season.
4. Roast the Hasselbacks for 20 mins, meanwhile melt the first 50g of butter and add the crushed garlic. Cook the garlic gently for a minute then season the butter and brush over the potatoes. Cook for another 30 mins, basting with more garlic butter every 10 mins.
5. After the last brush with butter its time to make the glaze. Pour the Yakitori sauce, 30g butter and honey into a pan and heat gently until the butter is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
6. Brush the potatoes with the glaze and roast for another 10 mins. Glaze them again and cook for a final 5 mins, or until the glaze is nice and sticky.
7. Finish with a dusting of sesame seeds, spring onion and SeaCrack salt (and a drizzle of Sriracha if you feel like a spicy kick).