With Alabama White BBQ sauce
You get such a great flavour kick from this Mayo-based BBQ sauce, so pleased I gave it a try – perfect with Chicken.
I used Butterflied drumsticks
Jerk BBQ rub/seasoning
1 Cup Mayonaisse
1/3 cup Cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Horseradish
1 Tsp hot sauce
1/2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
1/2 Tsp Onion powder
Juice 1 lemon
Salt and plenty of Black Pepper (I used SeaCrack Lemon salt)
1) Add all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Store in the fridge while the chicken cooks.
2) Set the BBQ direct for 160c. If you’re using a Kamado, you should have enough clearance from the coals to cook direct, which will make the skin extra crispy. Just be careful it doesn’t burn.
3) With a sharp knife, cut along the side of the drumstick in between the muscles, all the wat down to the bone and along the length until you reach the base.
4) Keep trimming around the bone to fan out the chicken, you should have one side still attached – as per the pics.
5) Lightly oil then dust with Jerk seasoning – I used LumberJaxe Jerk rub. Leave to marinate skin side up while the BBQ warms up.
6) Once the BBQ is up to temp, put some smoke wood on the BBQ (I used Cherry) and place the chicken skin side down, shut the lid and cook the chicken at 160 for 35 mins.
7) Flip the chicken over to finish the cook – another 5 mins(ish) with the lid open to direct cook and finish the chicken to 165 internal temp – cook to temp not time!
8) Remove your sauce from the fridge and dunk the chicken in, one at a time, or just lay them out on a board and pour over the top. Enjoy.