I love this stuff, so great with many meats and fish – Rojo instructions are further down the page.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley.
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced.
- 2 small red chilies , or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili).
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano.
- 1 level teaspoon coarse salt.
- Pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon).
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. Ideally, let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
- Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours, if needed.
- Use to baste meats (chicken or steaks) while grilling or barbecuing – add a couple of tablespoons over your steak to serve.
- As above – basically make the normal Chimichurri.
- 3 whole red bell peppers.
- Tsp salt.
- Set the BBQ for direct.
- Place the peppers directly over the coals until they begin to burn and blister.
- Keep turning the peppers until they’re charred on all sides.
- Remove and place into a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
- After 5/10 mins take them out the bowl and peel off the charred skin.
- Chop the peppers into a fine paste and add to the rest of chimichurri ingredients (or blitz them all together in a food processor) along with another pinch of salt.